GFW Star Says He's Not Working Upcoming TV Tapings Because He's Not Being Treated Right (Video)
Tyrus posted the following videos to social media today to announce that he will not be working the GFW tapings in Orlando this week, which begin with Thursday's live Destination X special on POP.
Tyrus says most of his time with GFW has been positive the past several weeks have been tough for he and his fans as they have been "handcuffed and treated like a second-class citizen creatively." Tyrus goes on to say he's not happy with how GFW is treating him and after playing phone-tag with them all day, he decided to release this video and announce that he won't be at the tapings because he's on "hold-out" status. Tyrus says he won't return until he gets treated right.
Earlier this week, Tyrus posted the following videos to social media to announce he would not be working the GFW tapings in Orlando, which began earlier this week. He said while most of his time with GFW has been positive, the past several weeks had been tough for he and his fans as they have been "Handcuffed and treated like a second-class citizen creatively." Tyrus continued that he would "hold out" until he was treated right by the company.
Last night through his Twitter, Tyrus announced GFW granted his release from the company. He thanked the company and wished success to the roster and crew.
While in WWE, Tyrus worked as The Funkasaurus until his release in June of 2014. He then signed with GFW (then TNA) in September of the same year under the name Tyrus, aligning himself with Ethan Carter III.