ASCENSION MEMBER KONNOR, ADAM ROSE FAIL WELLNESS TESTS BY DAVE MELTZER | @davemeltzerwon | APR 16, 2016 9:52 AM
The WWE announced this morning that Ray Leppan (Adam Rose) and Ryan Parmeter (Konnor) have both been suspended for 60 days for a second Wellness program violation.
The suspension is effective immediately.
All violations are supposed to be announced publicly.
Both men were not on the current tour but did work the television tapings earlier in the week. The Ascension lost in the tag team tournament taped Tuesday in a first round match to Enzo & Big Cass.
WWE has in the past delayed suspensions to tie up booking issues and in the case of these two there wouldn't have been the need for much of a delay.
Parmeter (Konnor) was suspended on a Wellness policy violation the first time in 2006 and Leppan (Rose) was suspended on a Wellness policy violation the first time in 2013.
Rose is part of the Social Outcasts group, but only Heath Slater and Bo Dallas were sent to Dubai. It is possible that Los Matadores, who haven't been used of late and are already doing vignettes for a new gimmick without masks, were on that same tour as replacements because The Ascension would have fit into that spot.
Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez will discuss this on tonight's new edition of Wrestling Observer Radio.
While WWE announced Saturday that Adam Rose and Konnor have each been suspended 60 days effective immediately for a second violation of the company’s Talent Wellness Program, it was the first time WWE had announced a suspension for either wrestler.
According to Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com, Konnor’s first suspension was in 2006, a year before WWE announced that all violations of the Talent Wellness Program would be made public — he was working as a developmental wrestler at the time in Deep South Wrestling. Meltzer also says Rose was suspended in 2013. WWE, however, never made a public announcement about that suspension. Like Konnor, Rose was a developmental wrestler at the time of his first suspension.
ADAM ROSE RESPONDS TO DRUG SUSPENSION FROM WWE BY DAVE MELTZER | @davemeltzerwon | APR 20, 2016 3:34 PM
Ray Leppan, better known as WWE's Adam Rose, released the first of what he said is a two part response to his 60 drug suspension announced by WWE this past week.
Leppan's statement is that he believes his response is tantamount to career suicide, but made it anyway. He claimed he didn't do anything knowingly wrong, and the substance he was using was prescribed medication.
This was his statement:
I was not going to respond to my suspension but I feel I have to. I have two sons that will one day read that news about there daddy and a sister that died from complications related to a life long battle with heroin.
So I feel the absolute need and right to respond and let the truth be known.
I am pretty sure this response will meet nowhere near the publicity that my suspension did and that this response is tantamount to career suicide.
But I feel for my sons my sister and rest of my family... you the Wwe universe have the right to the know the truth over my suspension and what it was for.
I will also quote my Dr in my response as he was as shocked and appalled by this suspension.
I can say right now I did not do anything knowingly wrong and was taking prescribed medication that my Dr and I followed all the correct protocol on.
My actual response and Doctors response will be coming soon. So before you judge, know the facts.
My family and I are still collecting ourselves from this blow. I have zero anger or animosity against the WWE. But feel the administrators over the WWE Welnness policy were just simply not right in taking this action.
But I feel facts are the facts and my family and I will will be the ones putting our lives back together after this mess.
My response will be up soon along with my Doctors.
Backstage Reaction To Adam Rose's Statement On His WWE Suspension, Konnor's Wellness Failure, More
By Marc Middleton | April 26, 2016
Source: PWInsider Elite
There were a lot of people within WWE shocked at how Adam Rose had the nerve to post what he did about his WWE suspension for his second violation of the Wellness Policy, essentially denying he did anything wrong. Rose never had a reputation of speaking out of turn, being a distraction or a problem in the locker room. He's seen as one of the hard-working talents who comes to work and does what he's told.
Regarding his post, WWE officials were not aware that he was planning the response until it was posted to social media. While many of his co-workers were shocked at the post, he also earned a lot more respect.
On a related note, one source noted to PWInsider that Konnor did not test positive for anything illegal.
I know there's been a lot of internal talk and speculation over how WWE announced just two failures in almost 4 years, Hornswoggle in 2015 and Ricardo Rodriguez in 2013, then announced the Rose and Konnor suspensions on the same day.
Rose has been promising an updated response and a response from his doctor but as of this writing, he has not released them.
More From Adam Rose On His WWE Suspension, Which Prescription Drug He's Been Taking
As promised, Adam Rose has posted a note from his doctor that shows he did nothing knowingly wrong in violating WWE's Wellness Policy. As noted, Rose was suspended on April 16th for 60 days due to his second violation. The first came when he was in developmental.
Rose says he was prescribed nervous system stimulant Adderall for ADHD symptoms but WWE knew about it for over a year. He posted the following:
Adam Rose ✔ @wweadamrose My doctors note as promised. I did nothing knowingly wrong and was following all the correct protocols. #WWE 5:24 PM - 3 May 2016 528 528 Retweets 793 793 likes
Adam Rose ✔ @wweadamrose They knew about it for over a year. … 6:07 PM - 3 May 2016 58 58 Retweets 100 100 likes