September 28 Sept 28, 2015 8:21:21 GMT -6
Post by The Ultimate Nullifier on Sept 28, 2015 8:21:21 GMT -6
1985 - The AWA holds their first ever "SuperClash" event at Comiskey Park in Chicago, Illinois. With participation from the NWA, All Japan, and World Class (this was during the "Pro Wrestling USA" era, when the promotions were working together to combat WWF's national expansion), the show drew over 21,000 fans, and the 13-match card saw nine different title matches. Here are the results of the show, which was released commercially over three videotapes:
- AWA America's Champion Sgt. Slaughter defeated Boris Zuhkov via disqualification.
- IWA Champion Mil Mascaras defeated Freebird Buddy Roberts.
- Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu defeated Harley Race, Bill & Scott Irwin.
- Sherri Martel defeated Candi Devine to win the AWA Women's Title.
- World Class Texas Champion Kerry Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin.
- AWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors defeated The Freebirds (Terry Gordy & Michael Hayes) via disqualification. Hayes & Gordy won the match via pinfall, but instant replay showed Hayes had used brass knuckles to get the win, so the decision was reversed.
- NWA Midget Champion Little Tokyo defeated Little Mr. T (Haiti Kid).
- Jerry Blackwell defeated Kamala in a Bodyslam match.
- AWA Junior Heavyweight Champion Steve Regal defeated Brad Rheingans.
- Greg Gagne, Curt Hennig & Scott Hall defeated Nick Bockwinkel, Ray Stevens & Larry Zbyszko.
- NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions Krusher Khruschev, Ivan & Nikita Koloff defeated Dick The Bruiser, Crusher, & Baron Von Raschke.
- NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair defeated Magnum T.A.
- AWA World Heavyweight Champion Rick Martel vs. Stan Hansen ended in a double countout.