I noted earlier this week how word was that Bret Hart found out WWE Network was airing Stampede Wrestling footage that he owns the rights to through Twitter. PWInsider noted the same thing, that Bret found out through tweets he saw, and was not happy about it.
We noted via The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Bret contacted WWE's Mark Carrano, who claimed that WWE owned all Stampede Wrestling content after a deal was made with Bruce Hart and Ross Hart. Bret then contacted Vince McMahon, who said he would look into the matter first thing last Monday. Bret also contacted WWE lawyer Scott Amann, saying there would be issues if the footage in question wasn't removed from the Network. Bret then sent a copy of the deal between WWE and Ross Hart, which says Bret owns the rights to all footage with him in it, something that has been known for years. Vince ordered all Stampede footage to be removed from the Network until the situation is resolved.